The VL240 ASM Swivel Head Lathe is a versatile machine because of its 90 degree swivel head facility and solid cast iron construction. The VL240 has an electronic variable speed drive that gives up to 200% torque on low rpm with a powerful 1.5kW motor. The Variable Speed Unit for VL240 is contained inside a strong steel enclosure and can be mounted on the wall behind the machine.
The lathe is mounted on a adjustable 4mm thick plate stand which has been designed with a 700mm wide footprint for stability and rigidity. The adjustable legs allow you to customise the height to suit your ideal work height.
- Headstock positioned at 90 degrees. The headstock can be positioned in 4 positions 0, 30, 60 & 90 degrees. An outboard turning attachment can be purchased as an optional extra.
- This lathe also includes a new ergonomic tool rest.
- Separate electronic variable speed box that can be mounted away from the lathe and magnetic switch box that can be positioned anywhere you are working.
The VL240 lathe comes with 3 step pulleys which provide 3 ratios 1:1 for small to medium size work; 1:1.5 for medium to large work; and 1:3 for large work. For extra torque, simply change the Poly V Belt to the 1:3 ratio. Also included is a digital speed readout, located on the headstock, that displays the actual spindle RPM regardless of which ratio the belt is located on.
Another great new feature on this lathe is the indexing pin safety switch. This prevents accidental startup while the indexing pin is engaged.
- The stand has optional extra tool holder brackets which can be mounted in 4 seperate locations on the stand ends.Part No. V01056
- Also sold separately are a pair of stand shelf brackets. These brackets can be mounted in several different configurations on the back of the stand and allows for a timber shelf to be screwed on top.Part No. V01057
- Another optional extra is the dust extraction box (pictured above) which mounts in between the bed at the headstock end. This allows for a 100mm dust extraction hose to be connected assist shaving and dust extraction.Part No. V01058
- This precision machined end is designed for bolting on an optional extension bed.500mm Extension Bed Part No. V00108
- Optional Extension Bed Stand Part No. V01059
- Also available is an Adjustable Extension Bed Stand with the same design as the ASM stand inculding the shelf.